Friday, February 20, 2009

Surfboard Art

I drew a picture onto my buddy, Greg Browning's (Ex-pro Surfer, now film guy.  Greg films and directs the "Drive Thru Series" on Fuel TV) new surf board he got through Cheyne Magnusson (pro surfer.) Greg is a Star Wars fanatic so I came up with a Darth Maul skull interpretation type deal.  All I got to do is seal it with a clear coat and give it to him on Monday.
The original sketch I came up with.
Then I layed in the face and worked my way out.  I really don't know what I'm doing and kinda of learning as I go when I work with the paint pens.  The paint pens are the "Posca Pens" that I picked up in Japan when I was down there little over a year ago.
The finished face.  I screwed up the side by the face so all you gotta do is wet the paint and it wipes right off.  So I was able to fix my mistakes.

The finished product. It's fun to go back to my roots of where I started.  Just drawing and coloring.  I haven't done much of that in years since I focused more on graphic design and computers and then into photography.