Monday, October 6, 2008

Another Rare CFL Frame

Irish Rich, of Shamrock Fabrication, also sent me these pics of this very rare West Coast Choppers CFL frame.  He has also has a single downtube frame that Jesse and Mark Nelson built for him.  It's 1/2" up, 1" out, and it has a 35 degree rake.  Very short frame.  What makes this frame unique, is that not only is it a single downtube, it also has a curved backbone, with a spiderweb gusset. There were only 2 made.  It was built in Jan of 2005 and has the original special order invoice, and the original MSO signed by Pearl while she was still the office manager at WCC.



Turns out Irish Rich is a die hard Colorado Av's fan.  We'll have to see how the Kings do against them this year.  I can't talk crap about his team because they have 2 Stanley Cups and the Kings NONE!!!!! There were even comments in papers that the Kings are like the Clippers of hockey..ouch that hurt even more!!!  Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel and the Kings start kicking some ass.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This was my frame, sold it to Rich, decided to buy a Hypermotard with the proceeds.

Irish Rich said...

Yeah, I originally ordered it and had WCC build it for Carlos. We could have had two built at the same time back then, but I passed on the one for me. I always regretted that. But.....

When Carlos was thinking of selling the frame, he gave me first chance to buy it back, and I'm glad he did.

"Daddyfrisco" Ray said...

this is cool, never seen one b4, so, was there any bike built on it? if so, is there a pix of a finished one?