Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ray's Whirlwind Trip

This is Liz, Mark's wife... I wanted to write a little bit on my Pop, Ray Castaneda. Sometimes I think my Dad still thinks he's as young as us. Within a 16 hour time period, my Dad, who is 74, drove solo over 500 miles round trip to support Mark and I at the VLV Car Show.

My Dad left Murrieta, CA at 3:30 a.m., arrived in Las Vegas, NV at 8:30 a.m., visited us at the Joyrides booth, walked the Viva car show, had a hot dog with me, purchased an old school hat he had been looking for, gambled $300 on slots then called me and said he was leaving so he'd get home before dark. He left Vegas at 3:30 p.m. and was back home in Murrieta, CA at 8:30 p.m. Now that is just absolute craziness! It was as if he roared in like one of the hot rods and in a puff of smoke, he was gone! Now that's true love for me his daughter to make a day run to Vegas. I hope I have that much endurance when I'm 74....actually I know I will, it's in my genes. Thanks Pop for the visit and the beer, you rule.

5 comments:

Scott said...

That's very cool!

By Hand and By Brain said...

That's Great!

Irish Rich said...

Liz, Whatever your dad is doing, it agrees with him. They say if you slow down, you loose it, and I'm a firm believer in that.

My grandmother was still running a full-time antique shop/business, right up until she died-a week short of her 101st birthday.

Your dad has a long time to go, I think!

Chris said...

What a dad!

allthingskool said...

That is what makes that whole generation unique. My dad is also in his 70's and he does not stop. My only wish is that I can be just like him and your dad at that age.
Salud for your dad